Secure, Flexible, and Affordable School Communications
IT professionals in the world of Education are under increasing pressure to unlock secure, highly-reliable communication tools that will fit into often too-tight budgetary projections. Making the switch to cloud-based PBX can enable you to centralize your communications and to achieve better safety planning and flexibility at a clear, affordable monthly price.
Knowledge is power, and it can
deliver big savings too!
As a technology leader in education, you’re tasked with unlocking leading technology on a limited budget. Managing your organization’s costs can be a full-time job. What if you could actually lower your costs and get a better phone system?
Schools nationwide are cutting costs and getting rid of hassles with Clarity’s Voice over IP (VoIP) phone service for educational institutions. Clarity offers schools and libraries the same low costs and advanced features that businesses have enjoyed for years.
- Avoid paying the huge up-front costs of a PBX or traditional carrier.
- Substantially lower your phone costs.
- Eliminate the need to pay for upgrades or to “get someone in here to fix the phones” again!
- Get the VoIP extras that traditional phone systems lack—such as voicemail-to-email, web conferencing and Internet faxing.
Top 5 Ways Clarity Voice Can Help Schools & Libraries
Schools need constant lines of communication.
Cloud-based voice-over-IP (VoIP) telephony offers reliability advantages over traditional plain old telephones (POTs). Unlike copper-based analog phone lines, VoIP with high speed internet technology is not susceptible to inclement weather, vandalism, or interference. Fiber is typically delivered using ring topologies which helps protect against outages. It frequently is terminated in a locked cabinet unlike a PRI or analog lines which terminate in a punch down block. You completely avoid the morass of a ILEC Central Office.
#2: Smart Features
Cloud-based PBX vendors with experience helping schools will be prepared to offer features that can benefit schools, without drastic spikes to your monthly bill. Examples of IP-based telephony features that could streamline your communications are vast.
- Phones with a single push-button option for teachers to summon security staff.
- Phone-based intercom support for school leadership and other authorized staff.
- Software to send automated text message or voice messages to student’s homes about weather closures or absences.
- Auto attendant, call routing, and interactive voice recognition to reduce administrative work.
In addition, your organization can unlock additional safety with 911 features. The right VoIP system can enable campus-wide 911 alerts and help guide emergency personnel to the right location on a large school campus.
Your organization needs to drastically scale phone lines up and down to accommodate seasonal and year-to-year fluctuations in your staffing. If you expand your classrooms with portables or expansions, you also need the ability to quickly provide a phone in each classroom.
With Cloud-based voice-over-IP (VoIP) , district or on-campus IT administrators can quickly add a phone line and connect classroom service by simply plugging in a handset. With flexible billing tailored to the needs of educators, you can save significant money on months when your phone line needs are lower.
In many schools, a dedicated classroom for teachers is becoming rarer. Teachers may split their time between multiple classrooms or even schools within a single district. Forwarding to cellphones allows mobile educators to receive landline calls on a mobile device, allowing you the convenience of assigning a single number to each staff member.
VoIP mobility can also improve disaster and emergency planning by enabling staff to reach key personnel quickly when needed.
Migrating to vendor-managed PBX can offer some immediate rewards—and long-term financial planning benefits—for schools. With much lower implementation costs compared to premises-based IP telephony, your organization can enjoy transparent pricing over the long-term based.
The right vendor for your school will offer:
- Transparent monthly billing:Upfront pricing structures that allow you to project your phone bill over the technology lifetime based on simple factors of phone lines and features.
- Cheaper scaling:Instead of having to wait for a phone service technician to make an on-site visit, IT administrators are able to add and change phone lines to meet staffing needs in a matter of minutes.